New Student & Family Programs is the campus resource for families while their student is at CU Boulder. To aide families in supporting their student’s college journey, New Student & Family Programs offers a variety of resources, programs and events for family members. Learn more at colorado.edu/welcome/families.
Family events and involvement
- Buff Family Newsletter: The Buff Family Newsletter keeps families updated with all that is happening at CU Boulder, including news, important dates, upcoming events and programs, and more. The newsletter goes out twice per month during the fall and spring, and monthly during the summer.
- Letters from Home: This program allows family members to write a letter to their student that is delivered during the third week of school. Letters can be words of encouragement, opportunities for reflection or hopes for their first semester at CU Boulder.
- Family Weekend: This annual fall tradition consists of family events, receptions and, of course, football! This is a great opportunity for families to connect with their Buffs during the fall semester.
- Taste of Home: Taste of Home invites parents and family members to submit their favorite family recipe. Select recipes are served at an event in CU’s dining halls at the end of the fall semester.
- Family Day: Held during the spring semester, Family Day is an opportunity for families to spend time with their student, mingle with other Buff families and cheer on the men’s basketball team.
- Scholarships: New Student & Family Programs awards merit-based scholarships to continuing and transfer CU Boulder students.
- Marinus Smith Award: Every year, students and families can nominate CU Boulder faculty and staff who have made a significant impact during their time at CU.