New Student & Family Programs is the campus resource for families while their student is at CU Boulder. To aide families in supporting their student’s college journey, New Student & Family Programs offers a variety of resources, programs and events for family members. Learn more at colorado.edu/families.
Family events and involvement
- Buff Family Newsletter: The Buff Family Newsletter keeps families updated with all that is happening at CU Boulder, including news, important dates, upcoming events and programs, and more. The newsletter goes out twice a month.
- Letters from Home: This program allows family members to write a letter to their student that is delivered during the third week of school. Letters can be words of encouragement, opportunities for reflection or hopes for their first semester at CU Boulder.
- Scholarships: New Student & Family Programs awards merit-based scholarships to continuing and transfer CU Boulder students.
- Marinus Smith Award: Every year, students and families can nominate CU Boulder faculty and staff who have made a significant impact during their time at CU.
- Family Weekend: This fall tradition is a great opportunity to connect with your student and with CU Boulder staff and faculty.