No question too big
Research is more than lab coats and microscopes — it’s knowing the right questions to ask and being open to new solutions. From undergraduate research to doctoral work to our expert faculty, K-State ensures you have the tools necessary to find the answers that change lives around the world.
By the book
- Four U.S. Agency for International Development Feed the Future Labs
- 90-plus research centers
- $173.5 million in annual research funding
- National Bio and Agro-defense Facility partner
- Nearly 300 patents granted
- $218.3 million in research expenditures
- Industry collaborations, technology transfer and economic development.
- More than $8.4 million in technology licensing income
- Biosecurity Research Institute with biosafety level 3 and biosafety level 3 agriculture labs.
Trusted experts, helpful outreach
K-State Research and Extension
K-State Research and Extension is a statewide network of educators who share unbiased, research-based information and expertise on a variety of important issues, particularly related to fostering a safe, sustainable and competitive food system and healthy communities.
Through research, analysis and education, K-State Research and Extension offers a variety of reliable information available to all Kansans:
- Managing wildlife and natural resources
- Entrepreneurship support
- Civic engagement
- Family and consumer sciences
- Child and adult development
- Food safety and preservation
- Nutrition and wellness
- Lawn and garden
- 4-H youth programming