- Plain white t-shirt, v-neck preferable, under an unbuttoned flannel shirt
- Cut off jean shorts or tight ripped pants (cuffs folded up and ironed)
- Lace-up leather work boots (never actually used for work), designer socks (not vintage!) or Chuck Taylors (no socks!).
- Thick framed black or clear glasses (no prescription necessary)
- High-top beanie or no hat with bedhead
- A fixed-gear bicycle (known as a “fixie”)
- Fanny pack containing: a vintage/retro camera and your homemade Kombucha
- A squid, crystal or hammerhead shark tattoo
Wake up and take an e-scooter downtown to Barista on SW 3rd. Sip a shot of espresso while you journal for 45 minutes and settle into the day. Other options to get your caffeine fix:
- Stumptown - SW Harvey Milk or SW 3rd
- Coava - SW Jefferson
- Case Study - SW 10th
Complain about brunch lines and how you’ll never wait in line for brunch while you wait in line for brunch. Best places to wait in line for brunch:
- Gravy - N Mississippi
- Jam - SE Hawthorne
- Screen Door - E Burnside
- Stepping Stone Cafe - NW Quimby
- Tasty & Alder - SW 12th
- Tin Shed - NE Alberta
Take BIKETOWN to Powell’s City of Books. Wander the stacks and buy a new journal.
Load up on affordable new-to-you clothes at Buffalo Exchange on W Burnside. Other hipster clothing stores to visit:
- Crossroads Trading Company - NW 23rd
- Red Light Clothing Exchange - SE Hawthorne
Take the Streetcar to the trailhead in NW Portland. Hike the Lower Macleay Trail to Witch’s Castle. Follow the two-mile path along a stream. Take lots of photos and immediately post them to Instagram.
Take the Streetcar downtown and transfer to the Max. Ride it to the Hollywood Theater for a matinee showing of an indie movie.
Ride BIKETOWN to Irving Park. Lay out on a blanket and re-read what you wrote in your journal. Post a selfie to Instagram with a wise caption.
Try to agree on a place for dinner with your roommates. It might not be possible to find a place that offers gluten free, vegan, organic, paleo and nut-free foods. Your group settles on The Sudra, a vegan restaurant known for its Indian-inspired menu. Other options include:
- Farm Spirit - SE Belmont
- Paradox Cafe - SE Belmont
- Papa G’s Vegan Organic Deli - SE Division
- Sweet Hereafter - SE Belmont
- Prasad - NW Davis
Get your vegan dessert to end the night at Petunia’s Pies & Pastries. Or try:
- Salt & Straw - NW 23rd
- Back to Eden - NE Alberta
- Sweetpea Baking Company - SE Stark
- Memoz Dessert Cafe - N Williams