Biomedical and Health Sciences: A New Era in Health Care
One of the nation’s largest academic health centers, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) transforms lives through the advancement of medical innovation, provides patient care supported by the latest research fi ndings, and educates a full complement of health care professionals. RBHS, which collaborates university-wide and is aligned with Rutgers–New Brunswick, provides more than 2.1 million patient visits annually.
Pictured top: Research at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences: Schools
■ RBHS undergraduate programs include certifi cates and the following degrees: A.A.S., A.S., B.S., B.S.N. and Pharm D. RBHS also offers a wide variety of advanced education programs from M.D. and D.M.D. to D.P.T. and Ph.D. Master’s degrees are offered in diverse fields such as biomedical informatics, clinical nutrition, and nursing.
- Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
- School of Health Professions
- School of Nursing
- School of Graduate Studies
- New Jersey Medical School
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
- School of Public Health
University Behavioral Health CareUniversity Behavioral Health Care (UBHC) is one of the largest providers of behavioral health care in the nation, with services off ered in locations throughout New Jersey. The UBHC network conducts behavioral health, mental health, and addiction research with the goal of off ering cutting-edge technologies and new treatment alternatives.
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences: Centers and Institutes
■ Rutgers stands as one of America’s largest, most comprehensive university-based centers for studying and improving human health and health care.
- Brain Health Institute
- Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
- Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute
- Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research
- Institute for Infections and Inflammatory Diseases
- Rutgers Global Health Institute
- Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine and Science
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
As New Jersey’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey is dedicated to improving the prevention, detection, treatment, and care of patients with cancer through the transformation of laboratory discoveries into clinical practice.