Douglass Residential College
It’s a space, a place, a time.
Douglass Residential College (DRC) is part of Rutgers University–New Brunswick. Douglass provides undergraduate women the best of both worlds: the education of a world-class research university amplified by the support and resources of a close-knit college community. Douglass is open to all undergraduate women at Rutgers–New Brunswick and offers specialized academic, professional, and social programming that complements the Rutgers experience.
As a Douglass woman, you’ll have access to:
- A special career center that focuses on advancing women’s professional lives
- Award winning research and learning opportunities for women in STEM
- Knowledge and Power: Issues in Women’s Leadership, the “transformational” Douglass foundation course that focuses on women harnessing their power across intersections of identity
The BOLD Center for Leadership, Career, and Personal Development
The BOLD Center, Douglass’ unique career development program, will set you on the path to professional success with a variety of innovative opportunities. Engage in skill-building workshops, network with DRC’s 39,000+ alumnae, and access an exclusive workplace externship program.
The Douglass Project for Women in STEM
Douglass is the place to be for Rutgers women in STEM. As part of The Douglass Project, you can participate in a powerful set of enrichment programs that include funded research, tutoring, mentoring, connections to industry, major oriented living-learning communities, and STEM networking with professionals.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Douglass is one of the most diverse student populations at Rutgers¬–New Brunswick. DRC’s students, staff, and faculty are committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). As a Douglass student, you will have opportunities to become a DEI Ambassador, attend DEI events, and discuss issues of identity and intersectionality in Douglass’ foundational course, Knowledge and Power: Issues in Women’s Leadership.
- 97% of students in The Reilly Douglass Engineering Living- Learning Community remained in engineering majors
- A community of over 39,000+ accomplished alumnae mentors
- Over 100 years of experience propelling women to success inside and outside the classroom
- To enroll in Douglass, please visit douglass.rutgers.edu/