Downtown New Brunswick
The city of New Brunswick, “The Hub City,” offers students and visitors endless opportunities and experiences.
With a thriving creative culture, New Brunswick is home to:
- The Mason Gross Galleries at Civic Square
- Five professional theaters
- The American Repertory Ballet
- The State Theater
- Comedy clubs
- Music clubs
Downtown New Brunswick also offers a vibrant dining scene. From fine dining, four-star experiences to a quick bite, the city has something for every taste, mood, and budget.
New Brunswick plays an integral role in healthcare as well. Nicknamed “The Healthcare City,” the city of New Brunswick provides many opportunities for Rutgers students as it is home to:
- Rutgers School of Nursing
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, the country’s largest medical school
- two teaching hospitals
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- St. Peter’s University Hospital
- Johnson & Johnson world headquarters
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine at The Aspire
- Child Health Institute of New Jersey
- Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Incorporated in 1730, New Brunswick played a leading role in America’s history and will always spearhead innovation in New Jersey with new breakthroughs, new performances, and new opportunities.
ALWAYS NEW BRUNSWICK